Healthy Eating Habits for Better Nutrition and Better Health
If you’d like to get in better shape for better health, you can start with your plate. Fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains make for a great beginning. Whether you want to lose weight or just eat better, you can make your health goals happen. Here are some simple steps to help you get started:
- Incorporate lean protein foods such as beans and seafood into your menus. Additional health benefits from these foods include: Black beans, kidney beans and pinto beans are a very good source of fiber and folate, while green beans are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K. Fish and shellfish provide high amounts of omega-3 fats and vitamin B12.
- Choose a smaller plate when preparing your meals. Eat slow, and enjoy your food—soon you’ll be on your way to reaching your goal weight.
- Add low fat dairy to your menu for calcium and vitamin D—for stronger bones.
- Choose whole grains for fiber and important minerals and vitamins.
- Color your plate with fruits and vegetables. They’re low in calories, rich in minerals and vitamins, and full of fiber. Five easy ways to better health—give them a try!